Responsibilities of the Post Holder
The Pick & Pack and despatch Operative will be expected, to carry out all Production and Pick & Pack and Dispatch duties when required.
The position will also require assisting in all aspects of product manufacture, reporting to the Production Manager and ultimately to the Technical and Development Manager.
The main duties of the role would be
• Providing cover for Pick & Pack and Despatch when required.
• Maintaining good manufacturing practice and good housekeeping.
• Maintaining good batch records to ensure traceability of despatched goods.
• Packaging of finished products.
• Helping to maintaining stock of consumables, packaging, components and finished stock.
• Helping to maintaining stock records of bulk products, consumables, packaging, components and finished stock.
• Labelling and batch coding of finished products.
• Maintaining accurate batch records.
• Keeping accurate and legible records of all activities.
• Cooperating with other Production and QC/Technical Staff.
• Assisting with other production duties when required.
• Keeping laboratory/production/despatch areas tidy and clean.
• Carrying out sanitising and cleaning duties in production environment.
• Looking after and maintaining laboratory, production and warehouse equipment.
• Assisting with technical documentation and administration when required.
• Providing cover in other production areas as and when required.
Candidate will be expected to work in pick & pack/despatch, laboratory, production environments and to become familiar with all procedures relating to the above activities. It is important that the candidate has attention to detail and is able to work safely on their own as well as a member of a team. Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Sage. Training will be provided where necessary.
Full time temporary £7.83 per hour